Monday, November 8, 2010

Incidents Of A Slave Girl........ 3

As I was reading, a couple things really interested me in Harriet Jacobs' writing. She was describing how scared and terrified Linda was of the saftey of her children. It was always on her mind. "A streak of moonlight was on the floor before me, and in the midst of it appeared te forms of my two children" (Jacobs 110). This was really interesting to me, becasue that vison showed how much her kids were on her mind. Especially the fact that she had a vision of it, really was interesting. Because I honestly don't believe in things like that. Yet, for some reason I actually feel that Jacobs wasn't lieing. Another thing that really was interesting to me was when Mr.Flint was talking about Linda. "She shall be my slave as long as I live, and when I am dead she shall be the slave of my children" (Jacobs 112). This really was very shocking to me, yet I wasnt't surprised at the same time. I am aware that things happened like this in those time. Slaves actually were slaves for their Master's children. After reading, I just stared at the words, re-reading it. Mr.Flint, really was attached to Linda. I also belive that he was determined to have her back in slavery.

Joshua Briggs

No comments:

Post a Comment